Audible, the audiobook provider bought by Amazon in 2008, has just launched a new series of unabridged digital audiobooks read by Hollywood stars.
They call it 'The A-List Collection', and its first four audiobooks are read by Anne Hathaway, Samuel L. Jackson, Susan Sarandon and Kate Winslet.
Each audiobook costs $14.95 and lasts several hours - in the case of Kate Winslet's reading of "Therese Raquin" by Emile Zola, eight of them.
According to a press release sent out by Audible, the future line up includes:
• Annette Bening reading "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Woolf
• Colin Firth reading "The End of the Affair" by Graham Greene
• Dustin Hoffman reading "Being There" by Jerzy Kosinski
• Hilary Swank reading "Pack of Two" by Caroline Knapp
• Jennifer Connelly reading "The Sheltering Sky" by Paul Bowles
• Kim Basinger reading "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin
• Meg Ryan reading "The Human Comedy" by William Saroyan
• Naomi Watts reading "Summer" by Edith Wharton
• Nicole Kidman reading "To the Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf
See above for a video of Anne Hathaway reading from, and talking about "The Wizard of Oz."