Much of the coverage of the Republican presidential primary has focused on the super PAC ads run to tear down Mitt Romney's opponents and to boost his underfunded challengers. A list of the top five most aired political ads of the 2012 cycle by Kantar Media's Campaign Media Analysis Group, however, includes only one GOP candidate-linked super PAC ad.
The most aired political ads in 2011-2012 are, in ascending order of views, as follows:
5. Democratic National Committee - "14 Months" (4,387 airings)
4. Restore Our Future - "Values" (4,650 airings)
3. Mitt Romney - "Moral Responsibility" (5,006 airings)
2. Crossroads GPS - "Shovel Ready" (5,057 airings)
1. Barack Obama - "Unprecedented" (6,190 airings)
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more