The first episode of a show's new season succeeds best when it offers more questions than answers, and last night's "Mad Men" Season 5 premiere fulfilled that criteria. In fact, Megan's "bit of a burlesque" raised so many questions that it threatened to obscure other important issues raised, like why the Lane-returning-a-wallet mini plot line needed to happen.
In case you missed it, here's a brief rundown of what happened or was revealed:
- Joan resists the Off Ramp before anyone calls it the Off Ramp
- "Zou Bisou Bisou"
- Megan and Don's sexual relationship consists of her fetishizing his age ("You're a dirty old man") and him letting her -- except when she throws surprise parties.
- Lane proves to be the actual dirty old man
- The folks as Sterling Cooper Draper Price can't really ignore the Civil Rights Movement any longer
while the following remained totally unaddressed:
- Don and Megan's wedding -- it happened, but where? When? Who attended? What did she wear? (We're guessing a white knee-length shift dress.)
- The paternity of Joan's baby (though we all know, right?)
All of which prompted some predictably excellent commentary from our favorite women on Twitter. Below is a roundup of their standout tweets from the evening. Have tweet of your own to add? Tweet it @HuffPostWomen using the hashtag #MadMen, and we'll pull it into the slideshow below.
SLIDESHOW: Women's Twitter Reactions To The Season 5 Premiere Of "Mad Men"