Arugula Pesto, Ricotta, and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza
Provided by: Taste Editors
Recipe courtesy of Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner by Giada De Laurentiis, 2012. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 packed cup (1 ounce) arugula
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 (1-pound) ball store-bought pizza dough
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- In a food processor, blend the ricotta, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add the smoked mozzarella and arugula. Pulse until just combined but still chunky.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 14-inch circle, 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the ricotta mixture on top, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange the tomato slices on top and drizzle with olive oil.