Chicken with Feta & Vegetables
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/2 medium eggplant, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Veggie Smart® Smooth & Simple Italian Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the water and sauce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the oregano. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the rice onto a serving platter. Slice the chicken and place it on the rice. Spoon the sauce mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese and parsley.