Earth Day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate Mother Earth then by pulling out the ol’ fixie and pedaling away while listening to some amazing local (and self-powered) music? No carbon footprint necessary.
Over nine days, the Bay Rising Tour will travel the entire 200-mile-perimeter of the San Francisco Bay via bike, stopping at music venues and art spaces in between. Once stopped, the bands will plug in and rock out on sound systems powered entirely from energy generated during the ride.
The tour aims to give the bands and the audience bikers an opportunity to learn about the dynamics of the San Francisco Bay Bioregion. Cyclists of all skill levels are invited to join the bike rides between the tour stops, and since each band member will be hauling equipment on bike trailers (what, no roadies?), it’s unlikely you will be left behind.
Check out the schedule and the handy map of the route to guide you. Then check out a video by Rupa and the April Fishes below:
- DEPART FROM SAN FRANCISCO, the morning of 4/19:
- rally/departure point: the baseball fields at the bottom of Glen Canyon Park. Take-off @ 9 a.m. - Chenery & Elk Street.
- - Heading 35 miles to Stanford University Synergy Co-op.
- APRIL 19th--Depart SF by BIKE--PALO ALTO--Stanford Synergy Collective at 8 pm! 550 San Juan St. Sliding scale donation-1-25
- APRIL 20th--SAN JOSE---SJ Bike Party. Live pedal-powered music presented in the middle of the ride. Time and route information posted here the week before the ride: www.sjbikeparty.org
- APRIL 21st--FREMONT – Earth Day Celebration--Meet up at Fremont Earth Day grounds at Washington Hospital 2500 Mowry Avenue Fremont at 3pm for group ride to pedal-powered show in outdoor setting.
- APRIL 22nd--OAKLAND – Earth Day Dinner/Show at the Sustainable Living Center at 1121 64th Street, Oakland. Dinner provided by HomeGrown Farms. Dinner at 6pm, Show at 7pm.20 for show with dinner,10 for show alone. ALL AGES SHOW.
- APRIL 23rd--RICHMOND--Keller Beach 1085 Dornan Drive, Richmond CA – 4 pm - After School - Bike to School Earth Week -Riparian Bike tours presents Water quality science before the show.
- APRIL 24th--MARTINEZ--Martinez Plaza on Main Street, 4-6pm. FREE!
- APRIL 25th GLEN COVE (VALLEJO) – 1pm. Ceremony at the GlenCove occupation site honoring the first human inhabitants of the SF Bay , the Ohlone, and inviting their presence into our present day awareness.
- APRIL 26th--SAN RAFAEL---dance party at the Downtown San Rafael Farmer's Market (http://www.sanrafaelmarket.org/), Co-presented by Arizmendi Bakery. @ the plaza in front of Arizmendi Bakery: 1002 Fourth St. Music from 6-9pm. Bring tips. All ages.
- APRIL 27th--SAUSALITO at The Seahorse. Doors 8pm, Show 9pm. Tickets15
- 305 Harbor Drive, Sausalito, CA
- APRIL 28th--San Quentin Penitentiary. Private Show. Sorry.
- APRIL 28th--SAN FRANCISCO--Homecoming celebration at The Independent.Get tickets here.
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more