Unlock the secret to creating vintage-inspired wall art with this Craft Of The Day. There's something intriguing about a set of old keys. Framed and painted a bright and bold hue, they instantly become a unique piece of art that's both eye-catching and low-cost. Keep reading for the how-to.
Photo by Amy Anderson of Modge Podge Rocks
What You'll Need:
How To Make It:
1. Take off the back of your frame and remove the glass.
2. Apply Modge Podge to fabric to cover the back, removable part of your frame.
3. Paint the wooden part of your frame the color of your choice.
4. Use a small paint brush to paint your keys, making sure to cover hard-to-reach nooks and crannies. This may take more than one coat.
5. Glue your keys to the fabric-covered part of your frame.
6. Apply Modge Podge to the entire portrait to give it a glossy finish.
For the full tutorial, visit Modge Podge Rocks. And, be sure to check out the other great crafts in our Craft Of The Day slideshow below.
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more