Huffpost Weird News

Dogs Poison Veterinarians By Vomiting Rat Poison Zinc Phosphide

Posted: Updated:
Cuddly companion, or accidental assassin?
Cuddly companion, or accidental assassin?

Some best friend.

Experts at the Centers for Disease Controls are warning of a bizarre poisoning that's occurring when dogs vomit in vet offices after ingesting zinc phosphide, a compound commonly used as a rodent killer.

When zinc oxide mixes with a dog's stomach acid, it produces potentially lethal phosphine gas.

Read the whole story at Newser.com

Around the Web

Dogs accidentally poison veterinary assistants. - latimes.com

Occupational Phosphine Gas Poisoning at Veterinary Hospitals from ...

Dog Poisoning – Drugs, Rat Poison, Antifreeze – Symptoms and ...

Dogs Poisoning Veterinarians

Toxic Gas in Dogs' Vomit a Threat to Vets: CDC