WEIRD NEWS
05/01/2012 11:56 am ET

Dogs Poison Veterinarians By Vomiting Rat Poison Zinc Phosphide

Some best friend.

Experts at the Centers for Disease Controls are warning of a bizarre poisoning that's occurring when dogs vomit in vet offices after ingesting zinc phosphide, a compound commonly used as a rodent killer.

When zinc oxide mixes with a dog's stomach acid, it produces potentially lethal phosphine gas.

Read more on Newser.com

Subscribe to the Weird News email.
Truth is stranger than fiction. Step into the world of weird news.

CONVERSATIONS