“Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” Contest
1. To enter the Contest, you must first create a Twitter account. It's free! Go to Twitter.com for the how-tos.
2. Follow @HealthyLiving.
3. Tweet about fear or fearlessness in your own life by sending a tweet to @HealthyLiving and using the hashtag #becomingfearless. It's that easy!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” Contest ("Promotion") begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 3, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of AOL Inc. and its subsidiaries (the “Sponsor”), Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., Realtime Media LLC, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, participants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: LIMIT: One (1) Contest Entry per person, per day for the length of the Promotion. Contest Entries from the same person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Judges (defined below) or Sponsor and all associated Contest Entries will be void.
CONTEST ENTRY: This phase of the Contest begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on May 3, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). Judging will occur at the end of the Promotion Period. To enter the Contest online, you must be registered for Twitter, or create an account for free at http://www.twitter.com, and follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/becoming-fearless (“Contest Website”) and follow the Huffington Post Healthy Living Twitter handle (@HealthyLiving).
Step 2: Watch the current video and Tweet something inspiring about the fearlessness seen in the video using the hashtag #BecomingFearless.
Step 3: Check back in two weeks to see who is “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet”
One (1) “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” will be selected every two (2) weeks, from among all Contest Entries submitted during the preceding two (2) weeks, beginning May 8, 2012 and ending on September 1, 2012. Each of the winners of “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” will be announced in the first slide of the Twitter slideshow. At the end of the Promotion, Arianna Huffington and her editor will choose one (1) Tweet from all eligible “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweets” that was the most inspiring. By Tweeting about a video or article, entrants will earn one (1) entry into the Contest. All Contest Entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM on August 28, 2012 to be considered. Limit of 140 characters per Tweet. LIMIT: One (1) Contest Entry per person, per Twitter account, per day for the length of the Promotion.
JUDGING PERIOD: The Judging Period will begin at 9:00:00 AM ET on September 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on September 8, 2012. Throughout the Promotion Period, one (1) user will be selected, every other week, as “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” by Arianna Huffington and her editor (the “Judges”). All eligible Contest Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: 100% Inspiration. Judges will choose one (1) Tweet from all eligible “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweets” that was the most inspiring, and the Contest entry that receives the highest score will be deemed the Contest Grand Prize Winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge assigned by Sponsor in its sole discretion will determine the winner based on the criteria listed herein. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Contest Entries.
All Contest Entries submitted may be posted on the publicly accessible Contest Website during and following the Contest. By submitting a Contest Entry, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that his/her Contest Entry may be posted on the publicly accessible Contest Website during and following the Contest, and if he/she is selected as a winner, his/her Contest Entry will be posted on the Contest Website. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for his/her Contest Entry to be posted on the Contest Website and other Sponsor web sites. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Promotion Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the Contest Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Contest Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
By submitting a Contest Entry, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her Contest Entry is original to the entrant, that the Contest Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party. By submitting a Contest Entry you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Contest Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes including posting on any websites. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses or third parties or contains elements not owned by entrant (such as, but not limited to, company logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor or their entry will be disqualified. Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any Contest Entries that they deem to be obscene or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Contest Entries may not defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES: Contest Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• Appears to duplicate any other submitted Contest Entries;
• Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
• Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
• Contains any individual other than the entrant and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
• Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• Contains any individuals under the age of 18
• Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• Violates any law.
By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may receive other Contest Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Contest Entry submitted by entrant, and entrant waives any and all claims he/she may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Contest Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to his/her Contest Entry.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING: Ten (10) Contest Prizes will be awarded, as detailed below, from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received.
GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a trip for two (2) (winner and a guest) to Chicago, IL (final destination determined by Sponsor) to attend an event at which Arianna Huffington is speaking. After the event, the winner will attend a meet-and-greet with Arianna Huffington. Prize package includes: Round-trip coach air transportation for winner and guest from a major airport, as determined by Sponsor, near the winner’s home within the continental U.S. to Chicago, IL; One (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for three (3) days/two (2) nights; Ground transportation for two roundtrips (airport to hotel; hotel to airport and hotel to Arianna’s event; event to hotel); One (1) $200 AMEX Gift Card; and one (1) signed copy of Arianna Huffington’s book, On Becoming Fearless.... in Love, Work, and Life.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize Package is $3,475.00
“Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” Prizes (9): Each of the nine (9) “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” winners will receive one (1) signed copy of Arianna Huffington’s book, On Becoming Fearless.... in Love, Work, and Life. The ARV of this prize is $12.99.
The ARV of ALL Contest Prizes is $3,591.91
If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value.
GRAND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Travel will be based on the schedule of Arianna Huffington. Final trip destination will be determined by Sponsor, at their sole discretion. Actual prize value depends on the final travel destination, as well as the location of the Grand Prize Winners’ residence and dates of travel. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate Grand Prize Winners’ preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. Some restrictions and black-out dates may apply. Travel must be booked at least thirty (30) days in advance of stay and is subject to availability. If Grand Prize Winner(s) and guest cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be chosen. Grand Prize Winner(s) and travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary and must travel from major airport closest to the Grand Prize Winners’ residence, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Any picture identification requirements associated with air travel are the Grand Prize Winner(s) and travel guest’s responsibility. In the event the Grand Prize Winner lives within 100 miles from Chicago, IL (or the final travel destination), ground transportation only (not air transportation) will be provided to and from the hotel. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and trip must be taken on a date of the Sponsor’s choosing. If Grand Prize Winner(s) and guest cannot travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the prize may be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. The hotel accommodations and airline tickets will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. Guest must be 18 years of age or older, and must complete and return a publicity and liability release at least thirty (30) days prior to departure. If guest is the child or legal ward of the Grand Prize Winner(s), Grand Prize Winner(s) must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. If parent or legal guardian is not the Grand Prize Winner(s), no additional accommodations will be provided for the travel guest’s parent or legal guardian. All federal, state, income, and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not listed herein as part of the prize including, without limitation, ground transportation (other than that specified above as included in prize), luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner(s).
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Contest winner will receive prize notification via Twitter direct message, email and/or phone call, within three (3) days of the drawing date or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The potential winner, of a prize valued at $600 or more, will be sent via email or United States Postal Mail an Affidavit of Eligibility form and a W9 form. Potential winner must complete, sign, notarize and return all required forms to Realtime Media within ten (10) days of issuance. The potential winner then and only then becomes the “winner.” If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and, if time permits, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries for that drawing at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” prize per person/per household. Entrants that are discovered during prize verification to have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit will be disqualified at the discretion of the administrator, or will be void. Promotion entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Promotion entries made by any means, which subvert the entry process, are void. All Promotion entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to perform a detailed background check on the potential winners by entering the Promotion you hereby authorize Sponsor to perform the same in the event that you are selected as a potential winner. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
8. RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will any entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion and award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination using the selection process outlined in Section 3 above if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. The Sponsor and Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed in Rule #3.
10. CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
12. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
13. WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2012 to: “Toyota Corolla’s Most Fearless Tweet” Contest Winners List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 40 Morris Ave., Suite 300, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
SPONSOR: AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
ADMINISTRATOR: Realtime Media LLC, 40 Morris Ave., Suite 300, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Related on HuffPost:
<strong>"Fearlessness is like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the more natural it becomes to not let your fears run you."</strong>
<strong>"To live exuberantly, we must be prepared to illuminate the dark spots in ourselves."</strong>
<strong>"The first step toward changing the world is to change our vision of the world and of our place in it."</strong>
<strong>"Children brought up to feel that their lives have a larger purpose are more likely to keep their own troubles in perspective."</strong>
<strong>"When we feel we constantly have to prove ourselves at work, we give priority to our jobs over everything and everyone else."</strong>
<strong>"Being fearless doesn't mean living a life devoid of fear, but living a life in which our fears don't hold us back."</strong>
<strong>"Given adequate time and sufficient fear, we may hide so long that we hardly notice we're slowly suffocating."</strong>
<strong>"Naysayers have little power over us -- unless we give it to them."</strong>
<strong>"Squashing our true selves is a major cause of fear, anxiety, and depression."</strong>
<strong>"The more fearless we are in our personal lives, the more of that spirit we'll bring to changing our world."</strong>
<strong>"If we do rush in and make a bad decision, let's at least quickly forgive ourselves, learn, and move on."</strong>
<strong>"Survival behavior can be triggered by the fear of losing anything that we perceive as being part of our identity."</strong>
<strong>"Making the choice to move forward despite fear is an evolved decision that transcends our animal nature."</strong>
<strong>"We may not be able to tune our inner critics out entirely, but we don't have to let them run the show."</strong>
<strong>"That virtue called manliness is highly underrated in women. To me, it includes choosing to be brave rather than fearful."</strong>
<strong>"Refusing to be controlled by threats, guilt, blame -- even praise and blandishments -- is our true calling as human beings."</strong>
<strong>"A fear-driven life is a life not fully lived."</strong>