Huffpost Food

Another Child Falls Into Sonic Grease Pit

Posted: Updated:
News Channel 5
News Channel 5

A Sonic restaurant in Clarskville, Tenn. left it grease pit lid "dislodged," and a five-year-old child fell into the vat. The pit was located "steps away from the restaurant's patio."

She fell in at least five feet of cooking grease and could have drowned. Luckily, she was physically unharmed.

Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of this incident is that this isn't the first time a child has fallen into a Sonic grease pit. There are at least three other reports of children between the ages of 2 and 4 falling into Sonic grease pits in the Nashville area.

Sonic has issued a statement about the incident, explaining that it has "notified all drive-ins across the system to increase their focus on securing drive-in grease-trap covers."

Check out the news report below:

Around the Web

Child falls into fast-food grease pit at Sonic restaurant

Girl, 5, 'nearly drowns' after falling into cooking grease pit at Sonic ...

Grease Pits Prove To Be Repeat Danger At Sonic Restaurants ...

Nightmare Scenarios: 5-Year-Old Girl Falls Into Sonic Grease Pit ...

Little Girl Falls Into Sonic Grease Pit; New Budweiser Bottle Design ...

News, Five Year Old Nearly Drowns In Sonic Grease Pit - Children ...

From Our Partners