The first anonymous masseur to allege he was sexually assaulted by John Travolta has filed papers to dismiss his lawsuit against the actor, TMZ is reporting.
According to the site, the dismissal papers were filed this morning in California. In addition, the papers specifically state that it is only John Doe #1, who was previously described as a Texas-based masseur, who is dropping his claim.
The dismissal seems to confirm an earlier TMZ report which presented photographs and and a restaurant receipt -- reportedly received from "Travolta sources" -- that were claimed as proof that the actor was actually in New York on Jan. 16, the date that the masseur said he was sexually assaulted at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California.
The masseur -- who initially claimed that Travolta had not only masturbated in front of him at the Beverly Hills Hotel, but also suggested a threesome with "a Hollywood starlet" -- had been seeking $2 million in punitive damages.
The sexual battery and harassment claims against Travolta made by John Doe #1 began to crumble last week when the alleged victim admitted he'd gotten the date of his supposed encounter with Travolta wrong. Although John Doe #1 maintained that the attack still happened (but on an earlier date), Los Angeles-based attorney Okorie Okorocha dropped him as a client regardless.
"Okorocha did not feel he could represent John Doe #1 going forward anymore and recommend him finding another lawyer," a source exclusively told RadarOnline.com. "He is still representing John Doe #2 other alleged victims who are possibly coming forward."
The case isn't over for Travolta just yet. The "Pulp Fiction" actor still faces sexual battery and harassment charges from John Doe #2, described as a masseur at an unspecified Atlanta-based resort, who is also being represented by Okorocha and is seeking $2 million in damages.
Yesterday, Okorocha squashed claims that he had been in talks to enter mediation with Travolta's attorney Marty Singer, telling People magazine that the star can look forward to "one hell of a fight" in court.
Travolta, who is married to actress Kelly Preston, has been dogged by rumors about his sexuality for years. Last week, his publicist blasted the allegations in a statement to E! Online, calling them "complete fiction and fabrication."
Take a look at other celebrities who've faced rumors about their sexuality below:
More:John Travolta Lawsuit John Travolta Sexual Harassment Slideexpand John Travolta John Travolta Sexual Battery Lawsuit
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more