You might have noticed smoke drifting over buildings in the Financial District on Wednesday.
A fire that apparently started in the flue of a restaurant broke out, engulfing the ground floor of a three-story building near Battery and Front Streets, Fire Captain Jeanne Seyler told the San Francisco Chronicle.
The 150 patrons lunching in the restaurant didn't even notice the fire until the trucks arrived, reported SF Weekly. "Some patrons and even the hostess saw smoke outside the building, but because this is San Francisco, they figured it was just the fog," the article read.
The entire building was evacuated as firefighters battle the blaze, and the fire was extinguished thirty minutes later.
The restaurant blaze comes in wake of the Haight Street fire that damaged People's Cafe and True Clothing last August.
No injuries have been reported.