Provided by: Taste Editors
Recipe courtesy of Mr. Sunday’s Saturday Night Chicken by Lorraine Wallace/Wiley, 2012.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plain sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Rinse the chicken breasts with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Put the chicken breasts on a plate large enough to hold them, and season with salt and pepper and the herbes de Provence.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a medium bowl and pour the buttermilk on top. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, toasted sesame seeds, and parsley.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off the excess. One at a time, dredge the chicken breasts in the bread crumbsesame seed mixture, coating each piece well. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Discard the marinade.
- Bake the chicken for about 10 minutes. Baste with the melted butter and continue baking until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.