You can't deny it -- bikes are sexy.
Which is why the Hammer Museum has dedicated an entire night to the two-wheeled beauties. This Thursday is the Westwood, Calif. museum's fourth annual Bike Night, and it looks like it's going to be even more bicycle-tastic than last year!
The event will feature:
• Bicycle portraits—of you and your ride
• Bike crafts—make your own art reflectors
• A Bicycle Runway—show off your ride
• Bespoke Spokes—a curated rack of the most beautiful customized bicycles
• Bicycle-made ice cream by Peddler’s Creamery
• Bike tune ups courtesy of the UCLA Community Bike Center
• An 8:30pm screening of "Quicksilver" starring Kevin Bacon
• Bicycle games
• Beer, wine and snacks at Cafe Hammer
The event coincides with the opening week of Made in LA 2012, the first biennial of Los Angeles artists organized by the HAMMER and LAXART. Admission to the exhibition will be free all day.
Of course, there will be free bike parking provided (but bring a lock) by the museum's north entrance on Lindbrook Drive. It's time to give your bike some love!
Click through photos of bicycle portraits from Bike Night 2012:
All photos courtesy of the Hammer Museum:
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more