There's a case to be made for Ron Swanson from "Parks and Recreation" as the most rugged, manly character on TV right now, but his stiffest competition if arguably (and fittingly) Nick Offerman, the guy who plays him. So in honor of the Fourth of July this coming Wednesday,GQ asked the handy, prolifically-mustached actor to think of the 25 most American things someone could do to celebrate. Because whether it's coming from Ron or Nick, you know it's going to be legitimate.
Sparklers and goofy teeshirts need not apply. Here are some of his hardcore patriotic suggestions for you:
1. Shoot your own dinner entrées.
2. Drink American beer while it's fresh.
3. Carry a sidearm into church.
4. Shave your pubes into an American eagle.
5. Place a beef-jerky bouquet on John Wayne's grave.
6. Drive an appropriately sized truck.
7. Read the national edition of USA Today.
8. Make a healthy living simply playing the children's game of soccer.
9. Visit the historical home of Laura Ingalls Wilder and drink a half pint of Old Darlin'.
10. Urinate in North Dakota.
Also on HuffPost:
More:Gq Nick Offerman Nick Offerman American Things Nick Offerman Fourth Of July 2012 Nick Offerman 25 Most American Things
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more