Huffpost Weird News

Adam Wojtanowicz Gets BBQ Brush Bristle Lodged In His Stomach

Posted: Updated:
Adam Wojtanowicz's accidental consumption of a steel bristle landed him in the hospital.
Adam Wojtanowicz's accidental consumption of a steel bristle landed him in the hospital.

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — A Tacoma man says he needed emergency surgery after accidentally eating a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a barbeque.

KING 5 reports that (http://is.gd/J7Tivj ) Adam Wojtanowicz's (woh-TAN-oh-witz) went to the hospital Sunday complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn't go away despite his taking medication. Doctors found a metal bristle and performed emergency surgery.

Adam says he recently hosted a cookout, and he thinks a steel bristle from his grill brush fell onto his steak. He says he apparently swallowed the metal without realizing it.

The Centers for Disease Control says it knows of at least six people who have recently suffered similar, potentially fatal, injuries from brush bristles. It doesn't blame a particular brand or type of brush.

Wojtanowicz is expected to make a full recovery.

Around the Web

WA man accidentally eats steel bristle during BBQ - The Seattle Times

KING5.com | Seattle News, Breaking News, Weather

WA man accidentally eats steel bristle during BBQ - NBC Right Now ...

Surgeons remove barbecue brush bristle from Wash. man