We all look forward to the summer for longer days, sunny weather, and outdoor festivals. Whether it's food and wine or musical concerts, it's always best to be prepared to enjoy your festival experience.
Don't Forget to Bring
- Luggage: Try to pack as lightly as possible and fit your weekend wear into a carry-on bag (see last month's Travelista travel tips on how to pack efficiently). This way, if your baggage gets held up or lost by the airline, you still have what you need to be stylish and comfortable at the festival, without spending any money.
- Day and Night Protection: Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, and mosquito repellant
- Clothing and Shoes: Breathable, versatile, and fashionable summer pieces, preferably something with pockets to store things; comfortable shoes for standing around and dancing; purse/bag that's not too big for security clearance and light enough to not weigh you down
- Accessories: Camera, hand fan, foldable seat cushion, snacks, and cash just in case food and souvenir vendors don't accept credit cards
- The tickets to the event!: Most of all, be prepared! Go onto the festival website so that you know what to expect regarding weather conditions, objects (cameras, food) allowed into the festival, security issues, and maps and locations of stages.