The star of "Run Lola Run" and three movies of the "Bourne" franchise will join "American Horror Story" for two episodes, playing a mysterious patient in the asylum where Season 2 is set, according to TVLine.
Season 2 of "American Horror Story" takes place in the '60s at mental institution on the East Coast, a very different setting from Season 1. Though Season 1 stars Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are heading back to "American Horror Story" for its sophomore season, they'll play completely different characters. Lange, for example, plays a nun in charge of the asylum, in Season 2 of "American Horror Story."
Other stars headed to "American Horror Story" Season 2 are ...
- Adam Levine will reportedly be newly married and going on a honeymoon with his wife.
- Jenna Dewan will play a love interest for Adam Levine's character.
- French actress Lizzie Brocheré will play a femme fatale named Gia, modeled after Angelina Jolie's character in "Girl, Interrupted."
- Clea Duvall will reportedly be acting alongside Sarah Paulson.
- "Secret Circle" alum Chris Zylka will play a deaf-mute named Daniel.
- Chloe Sevigny and James Cromwell will also reportedly join as well.
"American Horror Story" Season 2 kicks off on FX in October.
Also on HuffPost:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more