Huffpost Politics

Naser Jason Abdo Sentencing Delayed In Fort Hood Bomb Plot Trial

Posted: Updated:
Print
AP
AP

WACO, Texas — Sentencing has been delayed for an AWOL soldier convicted of planning to blow up a restaurant full of Fort Hood troops.

Prosecutors say the sentencing of Army Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo will now be Friday morning in a federal court in Waco. It had been set for Thursday afternoon.

Assistant U.S. attorney Mark Frazier says he believes it was Abdo who requested the one-day delay to better prepare for the hearing.

The 22-year-old will represent himself at the sentencing after the judge in the case granted his request last month. Abdo had said he and his attorneys weren't communicating effectively.

He was convicted in May on six federal charges.

Abdo was AWOL from Fort Campbell, Ky., when arrested with bomb-making materials last summer at a Fort Hood-area motel.

Also on HuffPost:

Close
Afghanistan War, By The Numbers
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web

Naser Jason Abdo Guilty In Fort Hood Bomb Plot

Official: Soldier said he wanted to attack Fort Hood troops - CNN

Fort Hood Bomb Plot: Judge To Sentence Naser Jason Abdo, AWOL Soldier ...