The stress and strains of our always-connected lives can sometimes take us off course. GPS For The Soul can help you find your way back to balance.
GPS Guides are our way of showing you what works for others in the hopes that you can find out what works for yourself. Whether it's photos that relax you or make you smile, songs that bring you back to your heart, quotes or poems that balance you or meditative exercises that help de-stress you, we all have tricks that we use when we get bent out of shape. We encourage you to look at the GPS Guide below, visit our other GPS Guides here, and share with us your own personal tips for finding peace, balance and harmony.
Chloe Noelle: A Child's Guide to Stress Relief (As told by My Mom, Jennifer) Even though I'm nine years old I know stress! Learning new scripts daily, auditions, filming "True Blood" ... plus school is a lot for anyone. I love what I do and the exciting opportunities I have but unwinding is important too! And fun is what it is all about!
- Music: Listening to all my favorite songs in my room is definitely my favorite way to unwind! I love to dance and sing. Dancing lets me just be free and let go of anything that is bothering me. I can just be crazy and feel all the stress going away! I love to sing ... ANYTHING. It can be pop songs, 80's music, musical theater soundtracks or even songs I make up. Singing about things that are going on in my life really helps me deal with them. I just feel good after singing and dancing in my room!
- Reading: I love to read and get lost in books. I really like to read about kids my age going through things I am going through. Reading about how they deal with school, friends, and parents helps me to deal with some of those situations in my life. I also love to get lost in the stories. I love to create worlds in my head and see the stories come to life. Reading is a nice, calming way to relax and unwind before going to bed. I usually try to read 20 minutes before bed. It's also a nice way to wake up in the mornings by starting off with a good book!
- Spending time with my family: I love to spend time with my mom and dad. We love to watch movies, play games, and have fun little adventures! I spend a lot of time with my mom working so we try to make time to do fun things together, too. I spend lots of time with my grandparents. My mom's parents come with me to all my auditions and then we always try to do something fun after the auditions, like going to museums, the beach, or even amusement parks! My dad's parents are fun, too. My grandmother just started to teach me to sew and my grandfather always shares music with me.
- Spending time with my dogs: I have two wonderful Pug dogs. I have four-year-old Mei Mei and a three-month-old puppy named Beemo. They are such happy, lazy dogs. I love playing fetch with them or running around the backyard. Nothing bothers them unless you leave them alone! They just have so much love and they are so funny! Playing with them ALWAYS makes me relaxed.
- Drawing: One type of drawing I do is Zen Doodling. This is something new I just learned and I LOVE IT. It's a form of art that ANYONE can do. It's a type of freeform doodling that when you are finished its all comes together in a complete drawing. My mom and I love to turn on some Mozart and Zen Doodle! It's nice to just let go and draw. I also love to draw clothing. I think I have an inner fashion designer just waiting to burst out! Drawing just lets me focus on the project and forget everything!
And when all else fails ... VIDEO GAMES! That is very stress relieving for me but my mom tends to limit my video game playing!
For more GPS Guides, click here.