WASHINGTON -- The Kennedy Center's Millenium Stage will host a special HuffPost DC "Top 5" event Sunday night with The Huffington Post's local D.C. editon featuring a variety of musical, story telling, sideshow and other acts.
HuffPost DC assistant editor Brandon Wetherbee, the brainchild behind the talk show "You, Me, Them, Everybody," will host the free event, which will begin at 6 p.m.
Wetherbee will be joined by Ian Walters, who will providing the evening's jazzy blues -- or bluesy jazz, depending on your perspective.
Here's the lineup ...
- Jodi Lynn Anderson is The New York Times bestselling author of "Peaches," "The Secrets of Peaches," "Love and Peaches," the popular "May Bird" trilogy and "Tiger Lily."
- Janel and Anthony are a two-piece avant-garde music duo that splits their time between Washington, D.C., and New York City. Time Out New York describes the duo: "If your soul is downright weary from the burdens of everyday life, cellist Janel Leppin and guitarist Anthony Pirog present an ideal antidote with their intimate, intuitive music. In both bucolic acoustic numbers and immersive dronescapes, the duo offers transport from mundane matters of the world."
- Mab Just Mab is a nationally touring sideshow performer who combines theatre, music, movement, comedy. She was this year's winner of the 2012 Americana Burlesque & Sideshow Festival’s Artist of the Year. She is also the recipient, along with the Cheeky Monkey Sideshow, of the Circus Historical Society’s Candlelight Award for keeping the sideshow tradition alive.
- SM Shrake founded Story League in Washington, D.C. He has been heard on "This American Life" and has won story slams at The Moth and First Person Arts. Shrake has performed in New York at 92YTribeca, the Tank, Union Hall and the Bitter End; in Washington at DC Improv, Black Cat and Phillips Collection; in Philadelphia at the Annenberg Center, Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts; in Baltimore at Centerstage, in Boston at Oberon and the Comedy Studio, at the Makeout Room in San Francisco, and at the Gem Theatre in Detroit, his hometown.
- Jenn Tisdale is a D.C.-based stand-up comic that has performed at the National Geographic Museum, Baltimore Comedy Factory, Artisphere and more. She is a regular writer for Brightest Young Things. Follow her on Twitter at @Jenn_Tisdale.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more