Just when we thought the streets of Los Angeles were safe from Amanda Bynes, comes news that the actress has continued driving even after having her license suspended last week.
According to TMZ, the 26-year-old actress was pulled over in Los Angeles on Sunday night, but managed to escape jail yet again.
Sources tell the website that Bynes was pulled over for driving without her headlights on, and was given a verbal warning and sent on her way. TMZ reports that it's unclear if officers ran the actress' license -- which was suspended on Sept. 6, after she was charged with two misdemeanor hit-and-run charges. It's also unclear if the license has since been reinstated, which given the short time frame, seems very unlikely.
To recap Bynes' recent barrage of vehicular-related legal troubles:
- March 7, Bynes was pulled over for talking on her cellphone. When the officer approached her car to write the citation and get her information, the actress reportedly didn't feel like waiting around and took off before the cop could hand her the ticket to sign.
- April 6, Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood. The actress reportedly sideswiped a cop car, prompting authorities to pull her over. Later that day, Bynes showed up at the police station and signed the ticket.
- April 10, Bynes reportedly slammed into another car on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley, and then fled the scene.
- May 4, the actress allegedly sideswiped a pickup truck with her black Range Rover in Los Angeles and continued driving, which prompted the other driver to dial 911. Because there was very little damage to the pickup truck, police said it was very possible she had no idea she hit anyone, and no arrests were made.
- June 6, Bynes was charged with one count of misdemeanor DUI and could have served anywhere between 48 hours and six months in jail if convicted. She entered a "not guilty" plea via her lawyer, who appeared in court on her behalf.
- Aug. 20, Bynes was involved in yet another car accident while driving in the San Fernando Valley when a car rear-ended her rental. The driver of the other car claimed Bynes made a reckless maneuver that caused the collision. Police arrived at the scene of the accident but no one was ticketed.
- Sept. 5, Bynes was officially charged with two misdemeanor counts of hit-and-run, stemming from two separate incidents that happened on April 6 and 10.
- Sept. 6, Bynes reportedly had her driver's license suspended after the actress was slapped with two misdemeanor hit-and-run charges this week.
Lindsay Lohan's latest fender bender -- smashing into the back of an 18-wheeler -- is just the latest mark on her less than stellar driving record. In July 2011, Lohan was involved in an alleged hit-and-run, though charges were never filed. Perhaps it's time for <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-smith/lindsay-lohan-should-not-drive-liz-smith_b_1589293.html?utm_hp_ref=celebrity" target="_hplink">Lohan to hire a driver?</a> Lindsay's latest string of traffic busts comes after her 2007 DUI arrest.
Although this former Nickelodeon star claims she doesn't drink, <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/amanda-bynes-charged-dui-barack-obama_n_1573423.html" target="_hplink">Amanda Bynes was charged with DUI</a> after she side-swiped a cop car in early April. But the actress' poor judgement doesn't stop there. Just days later, Bynes was involved in an alleged hit-and-run, although no charges have been filed.
Charlie Sheen may not necessarily be a bad driver, but he doesn't have great luck when it comes to his four-wheel friends. In 2010, one of Charlie's vehicles was found at the bottom of a cliff and <a href="http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/15/charlie-sheen-car-over-a-cliff-hollywood-hills-stolen/" target="_hplink">not four months later the <em>same</em> thing happened again</a>! Both times the vehicles appeared to have been stolen and rolled to their rocky demise.
Although we can partially blame this one on the hounding paparazzi, January Jones might consider enrolling in a few driving obstacle courses. While being chased by photographers in West Hollywood, the actress lost control of her vehicle, colliding with three parked cars in the process.
LeAnn Rimes wasn't the luckiest of gals in 2009. After a minor car crash in August of that year, just a month later the singer was trying to escape shutter-happy photographers by stepping on the gas (are we sensing a pattern here?) -- <a href="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20305599,00.html" target="_hplink">too bad she accelerated into the car in front of her</a>.
She certainly isn't going to earn any "Mother of the Year" awards <a href="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1157153,00.html" target="_hplink">after infamously driving with her baby on her lap in 2006</a>, and it appears she's also a black sheep when it comes to the rules of the road. Spears reportedly left her car unattended in the middle of a road after getting a flat tire in 2009. The singer has also been "charged with a hit and run, driving without a valid license, and was under fire as well for running over a paparazzo's foot," <a href="http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2010/07/07/worst-celebrity-drivers.html#slide7" target="_hplink">according to The Daily Beast</a>.
There's only one way Enrique Iglesias could ever turn <em>off</em> a fan -- by running over their foot with his car! That's exactly what the singer did after a 2007 concert. Iglesias' vehicle (his manager was driving) was swarmed by fans after his concert and, in attempt to evade the crowd, the pair accidentally ran over an 11-year-old girl's foot.
Nicole Richie's drug-induced state of mind had her driving down the wrong side of the freeway (!!!) in 2006. But since then, <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/party-girls-to-momtrepreneurs-celebrity-moms-cash-in-on-motherhood_n_1507275.html" target="_hplink">Richie has gone from wild child to "momtrepreneur</a>."
You'd think that a two-year driving ban might might make you crack open your "Rules of the Road" handbook, but that's not the case when it comes to George Michael. The singer had his license revoked in 2007 after driving under the influence of drugs. And three years later, Michael <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/06/george-michael-crashes-ca_n_636025.html" target="_hplink">crashed his Range Rover into the front of a London camera shop</a>.
Billy Joel is among the celebrity set to have more than a few crashes on his record. In 2002 the singer set off a string of collisions. The second accident involved a tree and the third, a house.
Mischa Barton is nears the top of the chart when it comes to worst celebrity drivers. In 2007, <a href="http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2007/03/mischa-barton-is-a-bad-actress-and-a-bad-driver/" target="_hplink">she got in a minor fender bender while driving Nicole Richie's car</a> in Los Angeles. Not even a month later, Barton's vehicle stepped into ring with a parking lot gate. When the "O.C." actress caught her bumper on the gate she kept driving, ripping it clear off! Later that year came the ultimate driving no-no. <a href="http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/27/mischa-barton-busted-for-dui/" target="_hplink">Barton was charged with DUI</a> after she was cruising in two lanes at once and failing to use her traffic signals.
Related on HuffPost: