We make it our business to know the latest and greatest in the theme park world.
Didn't know that Legoland opened in Malaysia last Saturday or that Six Flags Great Adventure is going to become the world's largest amusement park? Clearly you are behind the times.
But, what about the old amusement park standards that have stood the test of time? That's where the new book, "Top 10 of Everything" has our backs. Among the multitude of top 10 lists, author Caroline Ash highlights the world's oldest amusement parks -- the oldest of which dates all the way back to the 16th century!
Check out the list in the slideshow below.
10) Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio
9) Blackpool Central Pier, Blackpool, UK
8) Grand Pier, Teignmouth, UK
7) Hanayashiki, Tokyo, Japan
6) Lake Compounce Amusement Park, Bristol, Connecticut
5) Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, Denmark
4) Blackgang Chine Cliff Top Theme Park, Ventnor, Isle of Wight, UK
3) Vidámpark, Budapest, Hungary
Established: 1838 <em>Note: An earlier version identified this park by an alternative spelling of Widam Park. An earlier photo showed the city of Budapest.</em>
2) The Prater, Vienna, Austria
1) Bakken, Klampenborg, Denmark
"The Top 10 of Everything"
Reprinted with permission from THE TOP TEN OF EVERYTHING 2013 © 2012 by Caroline Ash, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.