With all the airlines and aircraft that are in the sky at any given time, it seems impossible to fathom just how far they've all flown.
Ha, you didn't think that nobody bothered to figure that out, did you?
The new edition of the "Top 10 of Everything" has math and aviation geeks -- and the genuinely curious -- covered with a list of the top 10 airlines with the most miles flown. See the full list below.
Of course, all those airplanes have to land somewhere. Also check out the top 10 countries with the most airports.
10) British Airways: 65,588,215 miles
9) China Southern Airlines: 68,689,478 miles
8) Air France: 77,778,896 miles
7) Southwest Airlines: 78,032,416 miles
6) Continental Airlines: 79,623,126 miles
5) Lufthansa: 80,573,824 miles
4) Emirates: 89,266,185 miles
3) United Airlines: 102,316,223 miles
2) American Airlines: 125,443,038 miles
1) Delta Air Lines: 141,045,047
Reprinted with permission from THE TOP TEN OF EVERYTHING 2013 © 2012 by Caroline Ash, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.