Camouflage has practically overtaken nautical stripes as the basic print everyone is mixing and matching this fall. And while the earth-toned pattern has traditionally been worn by military officials and hunting aficionados as a method of concealment, the impact it's currently making in the world of fashion screams for attention. Case in point: this DIY nail art.
Chelsea King of the blog Get Nailed decked out her digits in a camo-inspired design using a combination of nail polishes and nail art pens for a chaotic blend of colors. Scroll down for Chelsea's tutorial to recreate this look.
1. File nails to desired shape, then apply base coat.
2. Paint on OPI Uh-oh Roll Down the Window (a dark green color).
3. Add a few blobs using OPI You Don't Know Jacques (a tan shade).
4.Take a dark brown nail art pen (or a regular nail polish and small paintbrush) and draw squiggly lines on nails, varying some with sideways "V" shapes and lines coming from each side of the nail.
5. Repeat the same process in step four, but with black.
6. Finish by sealing design with a top coat.
What do you think about this camouflage-inspired manicure? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
Meanwhile, meet fall's new floral-camo hybrid print.
Click through the slideshow below for more DIY nail art.