A 17-year-old cat was resuscitated by firefighters this week after a fire blazed through her home.
According to People magazine, Tiki Bear the cat was carried out by firefighters from the burning house in Portsmouth, N.H., on Tuesday to the "cheers of onlookers."
Oxygen was administered to the mature moggy, and she soon began breathing again.
Unfortunately, the historic house which Tiki Bear had called home wasn't quite so lucky. The buiding, which dates back to 1742, suffered severe fire and structural damage.
Homeowner Dave Adams told WMUR that he has been renovating the house for the past 25 years.
Still, he and his wife -- who were at work when neighbors spotted the fire -- say they are grateful that Tiki Bear survived the devastating blaze.
The cat, however, is not out of the woods just yet.
On Wednesday, Seacoast Online wrote that Tiki Bear is still at a veterinary hospital, where she is "receiving oxygen." Adams' daughter Lexi said the family cat is “not very alert," and it's unclear if she'll “pull through.”
But the family is not alone in their concern for their beloved cat.
A fundraising effort has been launched on Facebook to help pay for Tiki Bear's veterinary expenses. As of Wednesday afternoon, hundreds of dollars had already been donated.
Doctors at the Veterinary Emergency, Critical Care & Referral Center of New Hampshire have also been effusive with their support and encouragement.
"Thank you so much for your effort. I am very pleased to tell you that at this point, Tiki Bear is improving, and just ate her first bites of food. Take care, and we’re all really pulling for her," said VECC vet Dr. Gregory, according to the Help Tiki Bear Facebook page.