One Direction, the latest object of tween fantasies, debuted its sophomore album, "Take Me Home," on Tuesday.
The members of 1D -- who were put together in London from the show "The X Factor" -- tend to push the boundaries of the traditional clean-cut boy band image, with their tatted-up bodies and rumors of womanizing.
"Take Me Home" does little to bring One Direction towards the innocent end of the spectrum. The album, released just a year after 2011's "Up All Night," targets an older audience by exhibiting more mature themes. Songs like "Live While We're Young" and "C'mon C'mon" show the boys of 1D as self-aware partiers who are just trying to live it up and make the most of their youth -- a la fun.'s "We Are Young." They discuss falling in love, loving the imperfections in someone, and portray themselves as ready to settle down and commit, in songs such as "Little Things," "Last First Kiss," "Back For You," and "They Don't Know About Us." Other tracks, like "Heart Attack," "Rock Me," "I Would," and "Once Again," take a more solemn tone, addressing jealousy and longing for past loves.
Much of "Take Me Home" features less than squeaky-clean lyrics that any parent of a teeny-bopper wouldn't exactly love. From insinuations of lost virginities to dirty cell phone photos, we picked some of the most scandalous, listed below:
- "Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy till we see the sun / I know we only met but let's pretend it's love/ And never, never, never stop for anyone / Tonight let's get some / And live while we're young" ("Live While We're Young")
- "Hey girl, it's now or never, it's now or never / Don't over-think, just let it go / And if we get together, yeah, get together / Don't let the pictures leave your phone, ohhhh" ("Live While We're Young")
- "Oh tell me tell me tell me how to turn your love on / You can get get anything that you want / Baby just shout it out shout it out / Baby just shout it out... If you don't wanna take this slow / If you just wanna take me home" ("Kiss You")
- "The one that I came with / Didn't know how to move / The way that you let your hair down / I can tell that you do" ("C'mon C'mon")
- "I wanna be first, yeah / Wanna be the first to take it all the way like this" ("Last First Kiss")
- "So baby if you say you want me to stay / Stay for the night / I'll change my mind" ("Change My Mind")
- "Would he please you? Would he kiss you? Would he treat you like I would? Would he touch you? Would he need you? Would he love you like I would?" ("I Would")
- "Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt / Bodies intertwined with her lips" ("Over Again")
Add preppy accessories
Accessories make the man. One Direction is a big fan of preppy add-ons like bow-ties, suspenders, and pocket squares.
Ditch the gym sneakers
You'll never catch this boy band in grungy sneakers. Clean, white Converse are the way to go!
Don't be afraid of hair products
Zayn has one very important lesson to teach you: Never leave home without hair gel.
Talk to your hair stylist
Think the Bieber-inspired sideswept look is over? Think again. Ask your stylist for a medium-length cut that can be swept sideways across your forehead.
Try a preppy polo
Niall's style is casual, so don't overthink it. His go-to item is a polo shirt in red, blue, or white.
Niall's Look For Less
<a href="http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1165_6721_559&catId=cat3130041" target="_hplink">American Eagle, $19.99. </a>
Show off your sporty side with a varsity jacket
Zayn opts for a sporty look with his varsity jacket. Don't sweat if you don't have one from school - they're in stores everywhere.
Zayn's Look For Less
<a href="http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=21340336&CAWELAID=1008328611" target="_hplink">Urban Outfitters, $59.99. </a>
Stay classy with a blazer
With a last name like Styles, Harry has a lot of pressure to live up to his name. But with preppy, tailored basics like this blazer, he knocks it out of the park.
Harry's Look For Less
<a href="http://www.hm.com/us/product/99222?article=99222-A#cm_vc=SIMILAR_TO_PD" target="_hplink">H&M, $49.95. </a>
Experiment with color
Louis brightens up his on-stage look with a pair of bright red chinos. It's a bold look, but he rocks it -- and with a little swagger, you can, too.
Louis' Look For Less
<a href="http://www.express.com/color-stretch-cotton-chino-photographer-pant-47482-647/control/show/3/index.pro" target="_hplink">Express, $69.90.</a>
Punch up your wardrobe with plaid
Channel Liam's style with a laid-back plaid button-down. This easy look is always a great choice.
Liam's Look For Less
<a href="http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=82299&vid=1&pid=897416&scid=897416012" target="_hplink">Old Navy, $17.50. </a>