Are you a 30-something European male taking a flight for pleasure? Congratulations! You are the ideal air passenger.
In a survey of more than 700 international cabin crew members from 85 countries, travel search site Skyscanner determined that this is the profile of the ideal passenger. Skyscanner also notes that this passenger is traveling alone, and sits in economy rather than first class.
Among crew in the U.K., they specify that it's English men who are the perfect passengers, while men from Wales were at the bottom of the list.
“This is the first time that we’ve surveyed international cabin crew and the findings give us a real insight into what they really think of passengers," Skyscanner’s Sam Poullain said in a press release. "It’s interesting to see that it’s the men who get the vote for the perfect passenger, and while many of us would love to travel business or first class, cabin crew prefer to work in economy."
The survey also ranked air passenger habits that cabin crew found most annoying. Check them out in the slideshow below.
Which of your fellow passengers' mannerisms drives you crazy?
10) Asking for a specific brand of drink: 4%
9) Ringing the attendant bell to complain about temperature: 6%
8) Asking for a different meal: 6%
7) Stuffing rubbish in the seat pocket: 7%
6) Asking for more pillows/blankets: 8%
5) Talking through the safety demo: 9%
4) Complaining there’s no space for their bag in the overhead bin: 10%
3) Stuffing too many bags into the overhead bin: 11%
2) Leaving seat at the end before the light goes off: 13%
1) Clicking fingers to get your attention: 26%