A student at Central Michigan University is accused to poisoning her roommate with household bleach.
Kayla Ashlyn Bonkowski, 19, was charged with felony poisoning food/drink/medicine/water supply, the Oakland Press reports. She will appear in court on Monday.
According to the Associated Press, police believe Bonkowski put bleach in a roommate's iced tea at their Union Township apartment on Nov. 11. After consuming the drink, Bonkowski's roommate was taken to the hospital for treatment. The roommate later reported the incident to authorities.
Bonkowski admitted in a written statement to putting bleach in the drink, according to The Morning Sun. Police said Bonkowski admitted "she knew spraying the bleach was a serious thing" and did so because her roommate was "mean."