By Julie Shapiro, DNAinfo Reporter/Producer
BROOKLYN — The Staten Island man accused of shooting and killing three Brooklyn shopkeepers went on an angry rant in court Wednesday, according to reports.
Salvatore Perrone, 64, who was charged with six counts of murder after allegedly gunning down the shopkeepers in a four-month period earlier this year, pleaded not guilty during the appearance, according to reports.
"Excuse me your honor. Can I say something?" Perrone said in one of his outbursts in Brooklyn Supreme Court Wednesday, CBS New York reported. "Everything has been taken away from me — my money, my cell phone and any numbers I have."
Judge Alan Marrus was disturbed by Perrone's interruptions, saying the suspect was "disruptive, confused or bizarre," the New York Daily News reported.
Perrone, who claimed he worked for Italian intelligence services, will undergo a psychiatric evaluation before his next court appearance in February, according to reports.
His alleged killing started in July when Mohammed Gebeli, 65, was found dead in his Bay Ridge boutique.
Police said Perrone used the same .22-caliber sawed off rifle to shoot Isaac Kadare, 59, in a Bensonhurst store in August and most recently to kill Vahidipour Rahmatollah, 78, in his Flatbush clothing shop on Nov. 16.
Perrone was arrested Nov. 20 after a tipster recognized him from surveillance footage the NYPD circulated.
He is being held without bail and faces a maximum of six consecutive life sentences if convicted.