Interviews are already awkward enough without having to answer weird and unprofessional questions -- but that doesn't stop bosses and HR managers from asking them.
Talent management consulting company Development Dimensions International recently asked more than 2,000 people, "What was the strangest question you were ever asked in a job interview?" What follows are some of the weirdest questions submitted by respondents.
- Can you turn around?
- Describe your sex life.
- Are you currently looking for a husband?
- Are you expecting to get married or have children in the next year?
- Are you in a relationship with someone?
- Are you ok marrying late due to a job?
- Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease before?
- Am I a racist?
- Are you black?
- Are you a Muslim?
- Are you sure you're a Filipina?
- How do you feel about working with several different ethnicities in one building?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Do you believe that there is life in outer space?
- Does poop freak you out?
- Do you trust me?
- How much do you eat in one sitting?
- If you only had five minutes before you were late for a meeting and you wanted to stop for a cup of coffee, would you add the creamer or the sugar first in order to cool it off faster?
- What would I do if someone spat on me?
- What would you do if a coworker punched you in the face?
- Just entertain me for five minutes. I'm not going to talk.
Many of these questions are not just inappropriate, they're illegal. Know which questions interviewers are not allowed to ask you before you go on your next interview.