According to the Mayans, the world will end on December 21st, 2012. With the impending apocalypse looming, we couldn't help but think about what we would do on Friday if it was in fact our last day on earth.
Surprisingly, most of the things we came up with (all of them had to be within reason -- i.e. not involving emptying out our bank accounts or jet-setting around the world) were pretty mundane. Turns out that on our last day alive, we just want to enjoy the little things.
Here are 14 things to do before the world ends:
1. Wear your hair the way it is naturally. For Christina, that meant letting go of the straightener.
2. Watch the finale of "Homeland." O. M. G. Right? Who could possibly let their last day on earth go by without finding out whether Brody survived the second season?
3. Eat dessert for breakfast. Extra points if you ALSO eat breakfast for dinner.
4. Go on an online date. If you've never done it, now's your chance. No one should go out without at least one tale of Match.com gone wrong under her belt.
5. Have lunch away from your desk. If you have to be at work on your last day on earth, may as well get some fresh air and take an extended meal break. We did this for a week last spring, and it changed our work lives. 30 minutes out of the office. Now. Do it.
6. Take a shot of that alcohol that's been lying around your apartment/office/friend's house. For Emma, it was the bottle of tequila a publicist had sent her a few months ago.
7. Yell at someone who's deserved to be yelled at for a very long time. (You know who that special someone is.)
8. Play the "50 Shades of Grey" board game. (We happen to be doing this with "Girls" writer Sarah Heyward on Thursday!)
9. Pick up someone else's tab at a restaurant, a bar or the grocery store. Random acts of kindness always go a long way.
10. Complete a New York Times Friday crossword. Nina swears she's doing it.
11. Read all of the articles that you've bookmarked and been saving for a rainy day. That rainy day is now, so it's time to empty your Instapaper now.
12. Compliment someone random on their outfit, their smile or their smarts.
13. Wear brightly-colored lipstick. Break out that red and rock it -- for at least one day. Margaret did it.
14. Tell someone who you've never told before that you love them. If not now, when?