When the news broke that "Dallas" legend Larry Hagman had lost his battle with cancer in November, many wondered what his death would mean for the rebooted soap. Would TNT be able to give J.R. Ewing a proper send-off? Would he be returning to the series at all?
Reports later surfaced that Hagman had managed to film six episodes of Season 2 before his death, and that Ewing's on-screen funeral would take place in episode eight of the season, set to air on March 11.
So what can viewers expect from Hagman's final "Dallas" days? Read on for five things to look forward to in Season 2.
1. When John Ross (Josh Henderson) finds himself on the outside of a bad situation looking in, J.R. doles out some classic fatherly advice while donning his wide-brimmed cowboy hat: Vengeance is a dish best served cold.
2. Ewing Energies faces an unlikely adversary, leaving Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe) and Elena (Jordana Brewster) plotting mercilessly when they're supposed to be planning their wedding.
3. A mysterious plot twist leaves Ann (Brenda Strong) devastated and bed-ridden, with Bobby (Patrick Duffy) determined to do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of the puzzle.
4. Christopher's ex-fiance Rebecca (Julie Gonzalo) reveals her real -- and shocking! -- name in episode 1.
5. John Ross finds a new hookup buddy, and she's nothing but trouble ... especially as far Christopher is concerned.
Season 2 of "Dallas" premieres on Mon., Jan. 28 at 9 p.m. EST on TNT.