The stress and strain of constantly being connected can sometimes take your life -- and your well-being -- off course. GPS For The Soul can help you find your way back to balance.
GPS Guides are our way of showing you what has relieved others' stress in the hopes that you will be able to identify solutions that work for you. We all have de-stressing "secret weapons" that we pull out in times of tension or anxiety, whether they be photos that relax us or make us smile, songs that bring us back to our heart, quotes or poems that create a feeling of harmony, or meditative exercises that help us find a sense of silence and calm. We encourage you to look at the GPS Guide below, visit our other GPS Guides here, and share with us your own personal tips for finding peace, balance and tranquility.
Ora Nadrich's three calming techniques:
1. Staying In The Present:
(This is a calming technique that helps you stay in the present by enjoying what you are focused on.)
- Focus on something that pleases or soothes you, i.e. the ocean, a flower, the sound of the wind.
- Allow yourself to be taken in by its beauty.
- Feel yourself floating on the ocean, smelling the fragrance of the flower, the wind softly blowing through your hair.
- Receive its pleasure by surrendering to it.
- You are at one with it, its beauty is you.
- Observe your thought.
- Acknowledge it.
- Do not react to it.
- Let it go.
3. Tea Or Coffee Meditation:
(This is an easy morning meditation to do while drinking your tea or coffee that does not require any previous knowledge of meditation. Basically, anyone can try it and enjoy its benefits.)
- When you wake up in the morning be aware of your thoughts. Allow them to come in and out of your mind by observing them.
- Continue being aware of your thoughts when you do your morning ritual like brushing your teeth, showering and getting dressed.
- Make a cup of tea or coffee.
- Find a quiet place to sit.
- Focus your attention on drinking your tea or coffee.
- Feel the warmth of your drink on your lips, and going down your throat.
- Be aware of how it tastes.
- Feel the pleasure it gives you as you drink.
- If a thought distracts you from enjoying your tea or coffee, put your focus back on the pleasure it gives you by the taste and feel of it.
- Be aware of not rushing to finish your tea or coffee.
- Stay present as you drink what is left of it.
- Take a moment to hold your finished cup of tea or coffee, feeling the appreciation and gratitude of it as a gift to being alive.
- Get up from your chair slowly.
- Put your cup down and begin your day with the mindfulness you feel being in the present.
And remember -- Be your Authentic Self, the you that is most true and real, the you that you were meant to be...
Ora Nadrich is a certified Life Coach with a private practice in West Los Angeles, CA. Her unique, practical method helps her clients attain happiness and fulfillment by teaching them to look inward and connect to their authentic selves in order to reach their goals. Ora is also a writer, speaker and facilitator of a popular women's group focusing on inner awareness and a constructive, alternative approach to dealing with life's challenges. A book detailing her method will be available in 2012. In the meantime, to learn more about Ora and read her previous blogs, visit www.oralifecoach.com.
For more GPS Guides, click here.