If you're ambitious, genius and settle for nothing but the best, then one of the world's best medical schools could be right for you.
The Academic Ranking Of World Universities, an annual ranking of the world's universities published from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China, recently named Harvard Medical School the best of the best. See the slideshow below for the top 12, and read more on the ranking's methodology under it.
12. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
11. Karolinska Institutet - Solna, Sweden
10. University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, Penn.
9. Stanford University - Stanford, Calif.
8. University of Cambridge - Cambridge, U.K.
7. UCLA - Los Angeles, Calif.
Pictured: Powell Library
6. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas - Texas
5. Columbia University
4. The Johns Hopkins University
3. University of Washington
Pictured: University of Washington Medical Center
2. University of California, San Francisco
1. Harvard University - Cambridge, Mass.
Here's more on the ranking's methodology:
[I]nstitutions are ranked according to their academic or research performance in each broad subject field. Ranking indicators include alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, Highly Cited Researchers, articles indexed in Science Citation Index-Expanded (SCIE) and Social Science Citation Index (SSCI). Two new indicators were introduced, one is the percentage of articles published in the top 20% journals of each field, and the other is the engineering research expenditure.
See the full breakdown of the world's best universities and more on the research behind the ranking, click here.