CANADA

Golden Globes Monologue: Tina Fey And Amy Poehler Talk Ricky Gervais, Lena Dunham And More (VIDEO)

01/13/2013 08:32 pm ET | Updated Jan 14, 2013

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler stole the show at the 2013 Golden Globes with their opening monologue.

After noting that last year's host Ricky Gervais "could not be here tonight because he's no longer in show business," Fey double checked with "Girls" actress Lena Dunham to make sure she was willingly appearing nude on TV.

Fey also joked about "Zero Dark Thirty" director Katheryn Bigelow. "When it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron," she said. Meanwhile, Poehler joked, "Meryl Streep is not here tonight. She has the flu, I hear she's amazing in it."

Poehler attempted a "Les Miserables" tune and she asked "Homeland" star -- and infamous on-set singer -- Mandy Patinkin if he liked it and then, Fey turned her attention to "Les Miserables" actress Anne Hathaway.

"I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were alone with James Franco at the Oscars," she said of Hathaway's performance. Cue Hathaway face palm.

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hosting the 2013 Golden Globes held in Beverly Hills.

Golden Globes Winners And More

01/13/2013 11:49 PM EST

Good Night From The HuffPost Golden Globes War Room

We'll see you at the Grammy Awards on Feb. 10!

@ m1keh0gan :

Trying to persuade @Kia_Mak and @chrisjrosen that IT AIN'T YOU, ABE is a great headline that we need to use right now.

01/13/2013 11:48 PM EST

Golden Globes Winners

It was a big night for "Girls," "Homeland," "Argo," Ben Affleck, "Les Miserables," Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Jodie Foster.

For a full list of winners from the 2013 Golden Globes, click here.

01/13/2013 11:37 PM EST

Did Jodie Foster Come Out?

More on Jodie Foster's big night at the Golden Globes:

After being introduced by Robert Downey Jr., Foster coyly said, "While I’m here being all confessional, I just have the sudden urge to say something I’ve never been able to air in public. A declaration that I’m a little nervous about. Not quite as nervous as my publicist, huh, Jennifer? But uh, you know, I’m just going to put it out there. Loud and proud. I’m going to need your support. I am -- single!"

More here, from HuffPost Gay Voices.

01/13/2013 11:31 PM EST

We Agree On This

@ m1keh0gan :

J-Law rocks. I think she wins Best Actress next month on the strength of being awesome tonight.

01/13/2013 11:25 PM EST

In An Alternate Reality ...

@ mattsinger :

SALMON FLAVORED JELL-O SHOTS! #salmonfishingintheyemengoldenglobesafterparty

01/13/2013 11:24 PM EST

Gaining Momentum

@ Breznican :

Most interesting theory heard at Globes: Argo gets Best Picture Oscar as rest of Academy overcompensates for directors' Affleck snub.

01/13/2013 11:24 PM EST

Staying Classy

@ AmyKinLA :

Affleck just WON'T say he's upset about the Oscar snub. Says he's a member of the Academy & so are the filmmakers he admires. #GoldenGlobes

01/13/2013 11:22 PM EST

She Beat Meryl

Remember when Jennifer Lawrence said "I beat Meryl" and everyone thought she was slamming Meryl Streep and not referencing "First Wives Club."

01/13/2013 11:20 PM EST

Flashback!

Some stars didn't make the best-dressed list. From HuffPost Style:

The 2013 Golden Globes took place on Sunday night in Los Angeles, and true to form, brought out the very best in fashion and style. As it happens, they also brought out the worst in red carpet dresses, from misplaced cutouts to heavy fabric to frocks that don't belong at a prestigious awards ceremony.

01/13/2013 11:19 PM EST

Flashback!

From the red carpet, some of the Golden Globes best-dressed celebrities. Via HuffPost Style.

The 2013 Golden Globes had us jumping for joy. Not because some of our favorite TV shows and movies won (yay, "Homeland"), but because actresses took style chances on the red carpet this year, making for an interesting awards show (and an amazing best-dressed list).