SYDNEY (AP) — Indicted Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom admits his new file-sharing site is struggling to keep up with massive demand.

Dotcom launched the "Mega" site with a lavish party on Sunday, the anniversary of his arrest on racketeering charges related to his now-shuttered Megaupload. Dotcom says 500,000 users registered for Mega within 14 hours.

On Tuesday, Dotcom apologized on Twitter for "poor service" and said the launch party — which featured a reenactment of last year's police raid on his mansion — led to huge publicity and huge demand.

Dotcom tweeted: "Lesson learned... No fancy launch event for Megabox."

Dotcom plans to launch his Megabox music service in about six months.

U.S. prosecutors accuse Dotcom of facilitating massive online piracy with Megaupload.

Dotcom says he's innocent and remains free on bail.

Loading Slideshow...
  • New Zealand Arrests Web Baron

    This feed contains the video's "New Zealand Arrests Web Baron" info API

  • MegaUpload Founder's Lavish Lifestyle Interrupted By Arrest

    This feed contains the video's "MegaUpload Founder's Lavish Lifestyle Interrupted by Arrest" info API

  • Megaupload Founder Held In Custody

    This feed contains the video's "Megaupload Founder Held in Custody" info API

  • Bail Ruling To Come For Dotcom In New Zealand

    This feed contains the video's "Bail Ruling to Come For Dotcom in New Zealand" info API

  • Kim Dotcom Bail Denied In NZ

    This feed contains the video's "Kim Dotcom Bail Denied in NZ" info API

  • Kim Dotcom Wins Bail

  • Megaupload Founder Will Fight Piracy Charges

  • Kim Dotcom Granted Internet Access

  • Original Megaupload Search Warrants Ruled Invalid

    A New Zealand judge has ruled the warrants police used to raid Kim Dotcom's estate in January were invalid.