What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. That is, until it doesn't.
Just in time for Valentine's Day, Ancestry.com is lifting the veil on who got hitched in the unofficial marriage capital of the world (with 62 marriages per 1,000 residents, it should seriously be official).
Looking back five decades, from 1956 to 2005, they've uncovered some of Hollywood's hottest names who pulled a "Ross and Rachel" in Vegas. Just, hopefully less drunk.
For instance, did you know notorious bachelor George Clooney was once married, over 20 years ago? Way before Elisabetta Canalis and Stacy Keibler, hunky Mr. ER married Talia Balsam in 1989. They made it through three years before calling it quits.
Look, we even have his marriage license as proof!
And hey, if Clooney fell prey, you know none of us are immune.
- In 1963, Golden Girl Betty White got hitched to Allen Ludden.
- Elvis Presley tied the knot with Priscilla Beaulieu in 1967.
- Bette Midler wed Martin Rochus von Haselberg in 1984.
- Demi Moore and Bruce Willis left the chapel as husband and wife in 1987.
- The same year as Clooney, 1989, Jon Bon Jovi married Dorothea Hurley.
- Clint Eastwood smiled for a day, when he married Dina Marie Ruiz in 1996.
- Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra reminded us that being bad can feel so good in 1998.
- Evel Knievel took the plunge with Krystal M. Kennedy in 1999.
- Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton wed in 2000.
- 2004 saw the 55-hour marriage of Britney Spears and Jason Alexander.
Want to find out who in your crazy family eloped in Sin City? Ancestry.com has nearly 300 million marriage records, spanning all 50 states, more than 16 countries and 500 years.
RELATED ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more