Here’s a recap of animal stories and events from the past week:Humans lent a hand:
- After a gorilla rejected her baby, caretakers at the Cincinnati Zoo are acting as surrogate mothers.
- Pet Food Stamps, a New-York based non-profit, is offering food stamps to pets in need.
- Morrissey canceled a performance on Jimmy Kimmel when he found out the members of “Duck Dynasty” would be guests as well. “I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers,” the rocker said.
- A new study found that pets help children with autism.
- An elaborate wildlife camera trap network caught it’s 1 millionth photo this week.
- A dog owner suspects that her pet was poisoned at the Westminster Dog Show.
- Police recently seized wild animals illegally kept in the home of “Nutzu the Pawnbroker,” a Romanian gangster.
- An English woman is hoping to open a “cat cafe” in London.
- A 37-pound tabby cat is looking for a new home.
- National Pig Day was celebrated this past week
- This terrifying-looking animal (which may be a sea lamprey) was pulled from a New Jersey river
- This little polar bear cub made a public debut
- An adorable sloth took a “selfie”
- A group of ducks went on a guided tour through Washington, D.C.
Check out the newest and best animal photos below:
Awesome Animal Photos Of 2013