Tim Harris is America's first restaurant owner who also happens to have Down syndrome. We have to tell you that this is probably the least amazing thing about him. His restaurant Tim's Place in Albuquerque, NM, is a breakfast and lunch spot with an extremely loyal clientele. They come for the food, but come back for the hugs. Here are the top five things about Tim that we think are the most amazing:
- Tim has a personal dance-off in the parking lot every morning on his way to work, because he is just really excited about the day -- every day.
- He gives every customer who wants one a hug (and who doesn't want a hug from Tim?), with over 32,475 hugs served so far.
- He is gold medal-winning Special Olympiad, and he's won more medals than Michael Phelps.
- He goes into the kitchen to tell his cooks that they are the best cooks ever.
- He decided he wanted to own a restaurant when he was 14, and then he did it.
It's pretty clear that Tim is universally loved by the staff, the customers and that his family really couldn't be more proud of him. And it's easy to see why. Tim's dedication to his business, his excitement about it and his smile are infectious even via video. We defy your heart to not grow three sizes after you watch it.
Want to check out Tim's Place (and hugs!) in real life? Here's where you can find them:
8050 Academy Road Northeast, #101
Albuquerque, NM 87111