Last year's "Snow White and the Huntsman" went on to become a modest hit at the box office and a massive hit in the tabloids -- and in 2015, it'll be back for more.
It was announced Tuesday at CinemaCon that the live-action "Snow White" is officially on track to receive a sequel in two years, SlashFilm reports. "Snow White and the Huntsman 2" had been planned since the original film's release, but after last year's tabloid fodder, in which title star Kristen Stewart had a sordid affair with married director Rupert Sanders, the sequel was reportedly tabled in favor of a spin-off that would center on Chris Hemsworth's character and not involve Stewart at all. The studio then backtracked on that plan, tossing Sanders aside and keeping Stewart in the lead role.
No word has surfaced yet as to who will direct the film -- or who will write it, as David Koepp ("Panic Room," "Spider-Man") also departed last year after being tapped to pen the sequel. Koepp exited the project by negotiating his way out of his contract, saying Stewart's farewell gave way to a movie that was not what he'd originally imagined, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"Oh, it’s gonna be f—in' amazing," Stewart told IndieWire in December about the sequel. "No, I'm so excited about it, it’s crazy. ... I'm not allowed [to talk about it]. The other day I said that there was a strong possibility that we’re going to make a sequel, and that’s very true, but everyone was like, 'Whoa, stop talking about it.' So no, I’m totally not allowed to talk about it."