Huffpost Parents

Martin Richard's Family Issues Statement, Salutes Bombing Investigators

Posted: Updated:
PRAY FOR MARTIN RICHARD
"Pray for Martin" is written in chalk at a park near the home of Martin Richard in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston,Tuesday, April 16, 2013. 8-year old Martin was killed in the bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer) | AP

BOSTON -- The family of an 8-year-old boy killed in the Boston Marathon bombing is offering its thanks to the investigators who worked around the clock on the case and the civilians who offered tips and images that helped authorities zero in on two suspects.

Martin Richard's family says it trusts that the justice system will now "do its job" after the arrest of 19-year-old suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Friday night in the Boston suburb of Watertown. His brother and fellow suspect died in a shootout with police.

Martin was killed in Monday's blast along with two other. His mother and sister were among some 180 others wounded.

The family says it continues to "pray for healing and for comfort" for the rest of the victims on their road to recovery.

Earlier on HuffPost:

Close
Boston Vigils
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction