In 1967, the U.S. military decided to make its naval officers an instructional video teaching them to be good dates. The result is "How To Succeed With Brunettes," a 6-minute, hilariously retro video outlining the "wrong" way to woo a brown-haired lady and the "right" way.
Here are 10 Dos and Don'ts we learned, courtesy of the U.S. Navy:
- DON'T be late.
- DO "treat her as an equal. Women like that." (LOL, j/k. You can't do that in the '60s.)
- DON'T sit down before the lady does.
- DO stand up if you see a senior officer while you're on your date.
- DON'T hold your date's coat up too high when you're helping her put it on.
- DO offer your arm and/or hand for "assistance" while walking a girl to the car.
- DON'T mess up your date's hair. "If you muss it, you're going to lose points."
- DO open doors. "It's a way to show your respect for ladies."
- DON'T forget to let ladies go first.
- DO order your date's food for her.
Remember boys: "This isn't just military etiquette, it's being a gentleman."
[H/T The Daily Mail]
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more