Liam Gallagher Almost Dies After Eating Blue M&M, Entering Anaphylactic Shock

Posted: Updated:
Liam Gallagher is seen at the Arts Club on Jan. 7, 2013, in London. (Photo by Alan Chapman/FilmMagic) | Getty Images

Who knew M&M's were so threatening? Certainly not Liam Gallagher, who recently had a near-death experience after chowing down on a blue version of the peanut-filled chocolate.

The former Oasis frontman was staying in a hotel while on vacation, found himself hungry and, naturally, indulged in a pack of M&M's from his room's minibar. He revealed to The Sun that he went into anaphylactic shock and was quickly taken to a nearby hospital, where he was diagnosed with a peanut allergy.

Gallagher, 40, said his allergy now causes him to carry a syringe in case an emergency arises.

“I’ve done some stuff over the years but never, never did I think a f—ing blue M&M would be the thing that could have killed me," Gallagher explained to The Sun, presumably referring to his well-known former cocaine use.

"I was in a hotel on holiday and got in about the minibar. I was bored and hungry, so it’s what you do, man. I’ve always liked M&M's, so I got into them. I had a blue one. My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat, man. I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away. It happened again a couple of weeks after, and now I’ve got to carry a syringe about with me in case of emergencies. Proper Pete Doherty gear.”

Gallagher currently serves as the lead singer of Beady Eye, a band that formed after Noel Gallagher left Oasis in 2009 upon citing professional incompatibility with his brother. Original Oasis guitarists Gem Archer and Andy Bell are part of the new rock outfit, as are Chris Shamrock, who served as the drummer on Oasis' 2008-09 world tour, and Jay Mehler, who joined in 2013 after playing guitar for Kasabian. Beady Eye's second album, "BE," is due June 10. The effort's opening track, "Flick of the Finger," had already been released as a single, with "Second Bite of the Apple" serving as the first official release from the album. Listen to it below:

Also on The Huffington Post

Liam Gallagher Through The Years
Share this
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web Music - Liam Gallagher Almost Died After Eating A Nut

Liam Gallagher nearly killed by blue peanut M&M | News | NME.COM

Liam Gallagher Almost Killed by a Peanut M&M - Rock 96 - KDAL FM

Idris Elba confirms he almost came to blows with Liam Gallagher at ...

Liam Gallagher - IMDb

Liam Gallagher's son Gene is the spitting image of his rocker father ...

Liam Gallagher News -

Liam Gallagher 'Almost Dies' After Munching Blue M&M

Top 8 Rock Feuds