This week marks the launch of McDonald’s 7th annual Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour.
Kicking off May 9 at Ebenezer AME Church in Washington, D.C., this year’s nine-city tour features some of Gospel music’s most celebrated artists including Tamela Mann, Lecrae, John P. Kee, Vickie Winans, and Grammy Award-winner Smokie Norful, who’s returning as the show’s headliner.
“I'm elated to again headline the McDonald's Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour,” Norful said in a press release. “From sharing some of my new music to introducing my son Ashton’s career on the tour, this is a phenomenal season in life. And, I’m excited to share it with fans across the nation, all in an effort to give back.”
In addition to grooving to the assortment of soulful sounds provided, attendees will also have the opportunity to learn more about the various Ronald McDonald Charities offered by the fast food giant.
“Giving back to those around us is crucial, especially with the recent tough times our families and communities have faced,” Winans added.“Now more than ever, our communities need to know we are there for them, and that’s something the McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour has set out to do. I’m honored to take part in the cause, and I look forward to bringing joy and laughter to everyone who attends the concerts.” McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour runs through August 30. Check out the complete list of tour dates below.
- May 9 – Washington, D.C., Ebenezer AME Church
- May 10 – Philadelphia, Sharon Baptist Church
- May 11 – Newark, McDonald’s Gospelfest - Prudential Center
- June 6 – Birmingham, Bill Harris Arena
- June 7 – Atlanta, Greater Travelers Rest Baptist Church
- June 21 – Detroit, Second Ebenezer Baptist Church
- June 22 – Chicago, Chicago Gospel Music Festival
- July 3 – Louisville, Full Gospel Baptist
- August 30 – Dallas, MegaFest
RELATED ON HUFFPOST:
Stay plugged in with the stories on black life and culture that matter. Learn more