Cornmeal Crusted Zucchini Medallions
Provided by: Taste Editors
Chef Emma always likes to remind us that vegan food doesn't necessarily have to be healthy. She is a master at frying vegetables, and these fried zucchini medallions satisfy our bar food cravings every time. Recipe by Personal Chef, Emma Gonzalez.
- 2 medium summer squash (yellow or zucchini), sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 cup finely-ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro (garnish)
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Coat each squash slice on both sides with dry mixture.
- Heat 1/4" oil in a wide, heavy-bottomed pan. In a single layer, fry squash on both sides, until slightly browned.
- Arrange squash on a plate, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, squeeze of lime and a few cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.