Last night, Mindy Kaling's FOX show, "The Mindy Project," concluded its first season. After the finale ended, we were left both happy -- because it was hilarious -- and sad, after we realized that we'd have to wait a long time before Dr. Mindy Lahiri graced our TV screens again.
Here are eight reasons we'll really miss Mindy Kaling's alter-ego, Mindy Lahiri, over the summer:
1. She has standards when it comes to the men in her life.
2. She knows that Rihanna is essential to any party playlist.
3. She's intellectually curious.
4. She doesn't let small mistakes get her down.
5. She has the best female role models.
6. She knows you don't have to be stick-thin to have body confidence.
7. She always sees the silver lining of any situation.
8. She's not afraid to embrace her sexuality.
Basically, you're excellent, Mindy Lahiri. And we're glad you know it.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
The reality of being a woman — by the numbers. Learn more