Seth MacFarlane has announced on Twitter that he won't host the 2014 Oscars ceremony on March 2 of next year. If that sounds familiar, it's because MacFarlane already used Twitter to shoot down speculation that he will return as emcee for the 86th annual Academy Awards.
Rumors that MacFarlane would once again host the Oscars sprouted anew when Just Jared reported that producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron had asked MacFarlane to come back to the show. At the time, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences shot down that report, noting that nothing had been decided yet regarding next year's ceremony.
“Given the fact that we just confirmed Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to produce, we understand how people might speculate in that fashion, but it's really way too early to have any idea who our host might be in 2014," an Academy spokesperson said to HuffPost in an email back in April.
As mentioned, MacFarlane had already bowed out of Oscars host consideration.
"Who knows how this will go," MacFarlane said before show on Feb. 24. "Even if it goes great, I just don't think that I could do this again. It's just too much with everything else that I have to do. I'm happy to be doing it and I will be thrilled to have done it, assuming I get out of there in one piece, but I really think this is a one-time thing for me."
After the Oscars, MacFarlane reiterated his feelings via Twitter.