Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, rose to fame as the outspoken member of the British girl band, the Spice Girls. As a fixture on the '90s music scene, Mel B's pipes got her noticed, but it was her daring satorial sense that really made a mark. Let's face it, Mel B and leopard print go together like milk and Oreos.
Following the breakup of the band, she went on to have a solo career and act as a judge on various reality television shows. Though she has stayed in the public eye over the past few decades, Melanie will forever be known as the gal with the cone-shaped cat ears (to us at least).
As if the Spice Girls didn't already teach us enough (who really knew how to "Zig-A-Zag-Ah" before they came along), we are now turning to our favorite member, Scary Spice, for some important fashion lessons. In celebration of her 38th birthday (on May 29), here's what Scary can teach us:
1. Zebra print can make anyone smile.
2. If you're not in metallic pants, you're doing it wrong.
3. Nothing is cooler than thin-rimmed glasses.
4. You can always find a place to wear a leopard print crop top.
5. When in doubt, go for a sequin jumpsuit.
6. Fashion is not worth freaking out over.
7. Keep it natural.
See the Spice Girls at the 2012 Olympics: